Monday, November 8, 2010

The letter A


Ok yes it is Monday...but I'm not doing wedding pictures yet.... on account of the bride and groom need to fully look at them first... so instead I'm revealing my latest and greatest project, or I should say exercise. I have always been very interested in type but I feel like its an area of improvement for me.
I'm not the kind of person that can just read about it and fully understand or appreciate typefaces. I need to actually attempt to make them which is what I am doing. I am going to for the next 26 days have 26 different letters with 26 different typefaces that I have made. They are going to be a little rough around the edges on account I have never made a typeface before so this is a whole new ball game. So more or less blog spot I am using this as my sketch book... because I am not taking significant amount of time on these they are done in about hour to get my ideas out there and in motion... and to inspire me. I have been so bored with my real job projects that I need to keep getting better as a designer and I need to really push myself and work hard to get where I want to go ... and being a lazy ass (excuse my language) isn't going to get me anywhere but on the couch and fat. End of Rant.
So enough of my babble here is the letter A. The name of the this typeface is called "The beginning" and not just for the obvious reasons that its the beginning of the alphabet but but its the start of this project... the start of new chapter in my design study, and well the letter form doesn't make a lot of sense and its hard to tell where it begins, its partly 3d partly not... anywhere could be the beginning.
Who knows what B will be? Until B
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment